About the Kindergarten Associate Teacher Position:
Reformed Church Nursery School (RCNS) is seeking a passionate, creative, dedicated teacher to serve as a Kindergarten Associate Teacher beginning in the 2020-2021 academic year. The RCNS Associate Teacher position offers recent master's program graduates the opportunity to learn under a seasoned Head Teacher and gain hands-on experience in the classroom.
The Kindergarten Associate Teacher at RCNS collaborates with the head teacher in planning curriculum and reviewing lesson plans. The Associate Teacher works alongside the head teacher to support student learning through whole class, small group, and one-on-one instruction. The Associate Teacher will collaborate with the head teacher to plan a science curriculum, and will be responsible for delivering instruction in this area. The Associate Teacher will work with the head teacher to maintain a positive classroom environment where students are always supported in social, emotional, and academic development.
About Reformed Church Nursery School
Reformed Church Nursery School (RCNS) is a private Christian school located in Bronxville, New York. Our school serves children ages 2 through Kindergarten. Since 1951, RCNS has been teaching our communities’ children, steeped in the educational philosophy that all children learn best through play. The early years are not only one of the most cherished periods of our children’s lives but also the most formative. At the Reformed Church Nursery School, we believe that children learn best through engaging their natural curiosities to explore the world around them.
- Masters Degree in Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 2), Elementary Education (Grades 1-6), or Special Education
- Experience teaching children ages 4-6 in a school based setting
- Extensive knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood education
- Knowledge of a variety of classroom management skills
- Experience with Teachers College Units of Study in Reading, Writing, & Phonics
- Experience with Singapore Math
- Experience with classroom mindfulness and social-emotional development
Interested candidates must submit: a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for 2 professional references. Please send all of this information, by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly reference the ”K Associate Teacher” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.